Software engineer - freelancer / contractor
I work remotely for the NYC company
where I was the first engineer hired.
- Master of Science in Computing Science
- machine learning, back-end, start-ups, working remotely
- red tape, pointless meetings, slow moving companies
- Ability to get things done, innovative, product focused
- polyglot software engineer
- in the past: java, c++, perl + loads of other stuff
- Example machine learning projects I've created at Pond5:
- Finding visual similar items using convolutional neural networks, and using clusters for performance.
- Browser extensions was an idea I had where I did the coding from proof of concept to released product, notice the ability to remove objects.
- Pond5 received a best in show award at NAB2018
for visual search and the browser extensions.
- Classification of items based on textual data (and other meta data). Used to predict number of people in a video.